- Sarah J. Maas
- Brandon Sanderson
- Lucy Knisley
- Gloria Steinem
- Leigh Bardugo
- Kristi Charish
This is a “choose your own adventure” kind of reading challenge. The main goal, I believe, is to knock some books off of your TBR pile.
This will be the last year long challenge I sign-up for in 2016. I just liked that this one didn’t really have any set rules. So, I had more freedom on what to do.
My goals for this challenge are:
- Get my TBR pile down to 100 books (I’m starting out 2016 with about 165 books that I own, but haven’t read yet).
- Do 1 purge of books on my shelves.
- Donate the novels I’ve read, but won’t re-read and/or titles I haven’t read that no longer interest me to the library.
- Read at least 50 books from my TBR pile.
Are you looking to trim down your TBR pile in 2016? Then join us here!
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- 1 out of 4 books read (25% completed)
- The Guardians series by Meljean Brook
- 6 out of 8 books read (75% completed)
- FBI/US Attorney series by Julie James
- 3 out of 6 books read (50% completed)
- Darkest London series by Kristen Callihan
- 4 out of 7 books read (60% completed)
- Paradox series by Rachel Bach
- 0 out of 3 books read (0% completed)
Dates: Jan. 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
Rules for the 2016 New Release Challenge:
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2016.
- Other challenges can be used as well.
- Books must be over 100 pages to qualify.
I don’t read a whole lot of new releases in the year. So, I’m going to be a wuss and choose the first level of the challenge with a goal of reading 15 new releases in 2016.
- 1 – 15 books – New Release Newbie
Want to join in? Sign-up for the challenge here.
It’s that time of year again! Challenge sign-ups! I’m awful with completing challenges, so my goal is to do better this year. First challenge I’m joining this year is the 2016 Pick Your Genre Reading challenge hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup.
Dates: Jan 1, 2016 and ends Dec 31, 2016
What to Read: Any genre that suits your fancy! Just pick a genre (or two) and choose a reading level. To quilify, the book must be longer than 80 pages and read in 2016. Re-reads and challenge cross-overs count!
I’m picking two genres for this challenge:
- Paranormal Romance
- Goal: Level 4 (Going for a Swim): 50 books
- Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
- Goal: Level 1 (Sunbathing): 6 books
Want to join in? Sign-up for the challenge HERE!
Goal for Tomorrow:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team.
This will be my first time participating in a Bout of Books, so we’ll see how it goes. My goal is to read 5 books this week, which might be more difficult than usual since I’ll be traveling out of town this weekend. Below is a list of books I’m aiming to read (and one I’m planning to re-read) for this week. *these may change based on my mood during the week*