June certainly jumped straight into roasting summer. I didn’t get too much reading in this month, but I do have reviews written for everything I read. That’s the first time this has happened in a long time. I also made some good progress on a few challenges. I’m actually on time with a couple of them!
Reading Challenge Progress
I’m on schedule for the “New to You” and “New Release” challenges! A bit behind on the other two though. At this point I’m just aiming to get my TBR pile down to 150 by the end of the year, rather than down to 100. I’m putting myself on a book buying ban until the end of the year to help with that. The only exceptions to the rule are for titles I already had on pre-order.
2016 Goal: 25 “New to Me” Authors
Total Goal Progress: 12/25
- D.B. Reynolds (Jabril)
- Grady Hendrix (My Best Friend’s Exorcism) Review coming soon
- Ruth Ware (The Woman in Cabin 10) Review coming soon
2016 Goal: Clear my TBR pile down to 100 books
TBR count at the beginning of the month: 204
TBR count at the end of the month: 193
Finally going the right way! I managed to drop my TBR pile count by 11 books. I’m also putting myself on a bit of a book buying ban until the end the of the year. The exceptions are books that I have on pre-order.
2016 Goal: 1 – 15 books – New Release Newbie
Total Goal Progress: 13/15
- The Vampire’s Fake Fiancee by Kristen Painter
- Forevermore by Kristen Callihan
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix (Review coming soon)
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (Review coming soon)
- Big Vamp on Campus by Molly Harper (Review coming soon)
Sign-up Post:Click here
- Paranormal Romance
- Goal: Level 4 (Going for a Swim): 50 books
- Progress: 8/50
- Fantasy/Urban Fantasy