Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is 10 Bookworm Delights.
1. Bookmarks – I have a hard time resisting a beautiful bookmark. I have so many stashed away in drawers and random books throughout my apartment. So, what’s my favorite bookmark? An old train stub that I found at the bottom of my bag. I’m terrible about using my nice bookmarks. I tend to just use whatever ticket stub I find laying around.
2. Bookshelves – I love gorgeous bookshelves. Especially unique looking ones. Currently, I have five (all of them overflowing). I think it’s time I invest in another one.
3. Coffee shops – Coffee shops and readers go together like peanut butter and jelly. The smell of the coffee and usually comfy seating makes it a wonderful place to camp out and read for a bit.
4. Creeping on what others are reading – Yes, I’m one of those people you see on the bus trying to get a glimpse of what everyone around me is reading. Do I plan on talking to any of those people? Nope. Just curious to see what books they have in their hands.
5. Book friends – That epic moment where you find someone who loves some of the same titles as you.
6. Book related merchandise – Great Gatsby t-shirt, Edgar Allan Poe mug, framed art that looks like retro bookcovers? Yes, yes, and more yes.
7. Finishing a book – One of the simpler joys in life. Nothing beats the satisfaction of turning that last page and closing the cover. It’s a feeling of accomplishment each time.
8. Libraries – Libraries are wonderful things and not just for the books. I love the programs they offer and the feeling of community they encourage.
9. When the next book in a series I love comes out – Waiting for the next book in a series you love can be torture. But it feels great when the release date finally comes and you get that long awaited title in your hands.
10. Rainy days – Rainy or gloomy days are my favorite days to stay inside and just read.